You want a good ecommerce platform to provide an all-in-one solution for building, managing and tracking your online business, including creating your store, stocking your virtual shelves, and processing your orders. Before these comprehensive ecommerce platforms emerged, businesses had to patch together a set of tools, software solutions and services to create a DIY bundle which may not always have worked well together.
The new breed of SaaS (software-as-a-service) ecommerce platforms provide an end-to-end solution bringing together all the areas of an online store, including supply chain management, shopping cart systems, customer support, as well as analytics and reporting in most cases. The advantage of a SaaS model is that you are removed from dealing with the hassle of maintaining expensive and unstable technology yourself, so that you can focus on the business side of things.
Here are some features to look for in an ecommerce platform:
- End-to-end integrated solution, preferably cloud-based
- User-friendly interface to manage and track the various areas of your business
- Error-free processing of orders, purchases, billing and returns
- Real-time updates of inventory across multiple channels
- Comprehensive customer relationship data across all touch points
- Analytics and reporting to monitor the health of your business
As your online business scales up, you move from a transactional service to a relationship based service. Choose a good ecommerce platform that will accommodate the growth and success of your business. Take a look at our recommendations below, and see which platform serves you best.
[lcm_content type=”list” id=”17″]
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. Read my full disclosure here: "Affiliate Marketing Disclosure"